10 MYTHS ABOUT GOING TO CHURCH WITH ME
I'd love for you to come to church with me this Sunday, but you may be worried about some things that are actually myths. SO here are 10 myths you might have heard about going to church that are NOT TRUE--
1. You must dress up in nice clothes. NOT TRUE—you can wear whatever you want. Our only rule is, “You must wear SOME clothes … they are not optional.”
2. The ceiling might collapse if you attend church. Okay, I’ll admit that there may be a few small cracks in the walls because our building is old, but I can guarantee you that the roof won’t collapse. I feel so sure about this that I’ll make this guarantee, IF THE ROOF DOES FALL IN, you have my permission to never come again.
3. You can only go to church when your life is straightened up. NOT TRUE again. Attending church isn’t for those with their life in order, but those simply trying to make order of their life.
4. Church is for perfect people. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I’ll be there, and I’m SO FAR from perfect.
5. There’s a chance someone might call attention to you as a visitor by making you stand up, or embarrass you, dance the Zumba etc. Not going to happen here, I promise.
6. The church is full of hypocrites. You bet. We call ourselves sinners. Much like a hospital has sick patients, churches have imperfect spiritually sick people.
7. You will ask me to join your church. Untrue again—although I will tell you about Jesus.
8. You might do something wrong. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN unless you bring a giant snake or a Mississippi squirrel (I have no idea what that is) with you … or something crazy like that.
9. You’re just going to beat me up and make me feel guilty. That’s actually not my goal. My goal is to encourage you, let you know that Jesus loves you and remind you that His way is the best way, SO for some reason you feel guilty, let's talk!
10. “I'm not a member of your church.” It doesn’t matter what you consider yourself, you’re very welcome to come.
Hope this clears some things up. SO, If you’ve ever considered going to church, how about this Sunday at 10 a.m.? I'd love to have you join me. 1610 Orchard Street, Wenatchee, WA. I'll even save you a seat. See you there! Dave McCarter, Jr.