Summary Job Description: Youth and Family Minister
King's Orchard Church of Christ Youth and Family Minister’s primary purpose is to work with our young people in their walk with God by providing Bible based classes and activities He will also serve as a resource for our families as they lead their child’s spiritual development. He will work at the Elders’ direction, with the Minister and the Deacon of Youth and Family to oversee the ministry and outreach to middle school and high school students.
1. Focused Work in the Youth Group. Responsibilities include:
- Develop goals and objectives for the Youth Group in line with the congregational strategic plan. These are to be shared with the Elders and utilized to measure actual performance.
- Assess the Youth Ministry needs and develop curriculum, programs and activities to meet those needs with input from the Elders.
- Develop student leadership training (e.g., youth leaders, worship training)
- Provide Bible-based teaching in the Youth Group and in the congregation.
- Develop and maintain a climate for students that is safe, supportive and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Maintain an open dialogue with the parents of youth to address specific personal and spiritual needs of students as they arise.
- Encourage youth and families through one-on-one or small group meetings, hospital visits, school events or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
- Coordinate camp and youth rally attendance for our youth as well as use it as an outreach ministry.
- Assist the Minister with seasonal or periodic workloads that will benefit the congregation and help it to move forward.
- Provide backup for the Minister in the event of an emergency or vacation.
- Participate in the community in order to project the congregation’s missions, values and vision.
- Write articles for the church bulletin regarding the Youth Ministry.
- Train senior high boys and girls to take an active role in teaching or co-teaching elementary school Bible classes, etc.
- Teach and engage the student body toward a sincere prayer life, Bible study, and genuine spiritual growth.
- Create and maintain a system of youth retention, engagement and recruitment.
2. Administrative Duties:
- Youth and Family Minister is to be in concert with overall congregational goals and plans.
- Develop and manage the annual youth budget, working with the Youth and Family deacon.
- Participate in weekly Elders meetings.
- Married with an active and supportive wife
- BA/BS degree (Bible college or similar institution preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 3+ years of previous youth ministry experience with a proven track record of success
- Insurable driving record & valid driver’s license
- Background check will be required for any candidate considered for the position.
Send cover letter and resume to:
King's Orchard Church of Christ
P.O. Box 1019
Wenatchee, Washington 98807
Email is: email@example.com
Or email to one of our elders --
Mike Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org